Glorifying the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Pentecost Sunday, 2023
- The Person of the Holy Spirit: He is God
He is a Person, One with the Father and the Son (Acts 5:1-4; 1 Pet 1:2)
Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9-11; Phil 1:19; Heb 9:14; 1 Pet 1:11)
Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One Co-equal & Co-eternal Deity
- The Purpose of the Holy Spirit: He exalts all truth in Christ
Revelation in Scripture (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20-21)
Illumination to the believer (1 Cor 2:14-16)
The Helper Who leads to Christ, reminds of His teachings (Jn 14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:7)
- The Promise of the Holy Spirit: He has come & will lead us home
He Himself was promised (Lk 24:49 & Acts 1:4)
Down-payment “earnest” of more to come (Eph 1:13-14; 2 Cor 1:22; 5:5)
- The Presence of the Holy Spirit: He is with Believers, Building the Church!
He is the Gift (Acts 2:38; 10:45), and Giver of gifts (1 Cor 12:4, 9; Heb 2:4; 6:4)
- The Precision of the Holy Spirit: He will not lie to you!
2 Tim 3:16 Heb 6:18
2 Pet 1:20-21 + Titus 1:2 = He will never contradict His Scripture
- The Power of the Holy Spirit: He will help you to live a Holy Life!
Gives New Birth (Jn 3:4-8 with Ezek 37)
Applies the gospel for justification and sanctification (Rom 2:29; 8:13; Gal 5:16)
Empowers worship (Jn 4:23-24)
Empowers world-wide gospel proclamation (Acts 1:8)
Do you know for certain that you are a child of God? (Rom 8:15; 1 Jn 3:24)